Navigation Course for Mountain Bikers
£79.00 6 hours
*Please Note: Minimum/Maximum number of participants may apply to some activities. For short notice availability or if you are unable to select the numbers of places for this event that you require, please call us or get in touch via our Contact page to discuss other alternatives.
Fed up of getting lost or misplaced when riding on natural terrain? Want to take the next step from riding at trail centres to riding on natural terrain? Don’t want to spend hundreds of pounds on a navigational device? Then this course is for you!
This course aims to teach you the skills to navigate whilst on natural terrain without using a GPS. Throughout the course we will look at:
- How a speedometer is a really helpful tool for navigation
- The use of a map and compass
- Taking a 4 and 6 figure grid reference for emergency use
- Understanding features on a map
- Measuring distances on a map
- Looking at what personal kit you should carry when riding on natural terrain
Speedometers, compasses and maps will all be provided for you.
Why learn to navigate when there is so many navigational tools on the market? A map and compass doesn’t require batteries. A compass cost £20 a GPS unit costs £200+.Route planning using a map can be a sociable thing to the night before a ride.
Navigation course are ran in the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors.