Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In case of a cancellation or amendment of bookings the following rules apply:
CANCELLATION including reduction in numbers
- More than 60 days before course starts, loss of 30% of payment fee (90 days if residential).
- Between 60 and 28 days before course starts, loss of 50% of payment fee. (Between 90 and 60 days if residential).
- Less than 28 days before course starts, loss of full payment (60 days if residential)
For any cancellation, of a person within the party, required due to medical reasons, we will create a voucher for the value paid in British pounds for the activity, unless it is under the minimum required numbers. This will be valid for 12 months and will need to be supported by a doctor’s note.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel or alter any activity or event due to circumstances beyond our control such as the weather or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, we will issue you a voucher that is valid for 12 months. This is very rare but it can happen!
- For any amendment between 60 and 28 days a 30% loss of the value will apply.
- For any amendment between 28 and 14 days will result in a 50% loss of the value.
- For any amendment within 14 days of the activity date the full payment will be lost.
N.B. the term ‘course’ shall be taken to mean any session, experience, contracted work or event arranged by Alfresco Adventures Ltd.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd takes every reasonable precaution to ensure your safety on all our activities. Participants must however acknowledge that they are engaging in activities with inherent risk. Our staff reserve the right to remove participants from activities where their behaviour is unacceptable and causing a risk to themselves and or others.
On any water based activities clients must be confident to swim 25 metres.
If any member of your group is likely to require oversized or very small equipment or has any special requirements, please give us a call prior to your activity taking place.
Correct clothing and footwear must be worn as per the kit list.
Instructors reserve the right to remove participants from the group if they do not have the correct kit. This is for your safety and comfort. We send out kit lists with the booking confirmation.
Any medical conditions or disabilities must be stated on your Personal Information Form which will be provided to you. Please consult your doctor if you are unsure about any aspect of your fitness. Please inform us of any medication being taken and notify us if anybody needs to take prescribed drugs whilst under our supervision. We will not prevent anyone from taking part in an activity unless they are endangering themselves, others or their behaviour is inappropriate.
Children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by an adult at the activity site, while taking part in activities.
Any vouchers purchased directly from us or from one of our partners are non refundable once purchased and are valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Occasionally we take photographs of activities for our promotional material. Please advise your instructor if you prefer not to be in any photos.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd has public and products liability insurance of £5 million, as well as employer’s liability of £5 million.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd do not accept responsibility for personal belongings or additional costs incurred due to sickness, weather, strikes or any other causes. Personal accident insurance is not included.
Stand up paddle boarding with your dog
- One dog per person.
- Alfresco Adventures Ltd do NOT issue buoyancy aids for your pet (dog), if your dog is not comfortable in water. We recommend you use purchase one prior to arriving with us.
- Alfresco Adventures Ltd do not accept responsibility for personal belongings, your pet (canine/ dog) or additional costs incurred due to sickness, weather, strikes or any other causes. Personal accident insurance for you and your canine/dog is not included.
Canoe, stand up paddle board (single, 3-5 & 6-10) and kayak Hire
Please read terms and conditions; on hiring our canoes, stand up paddle boards or kayaks you are agreeing that you had read and understood Alfresco Adventures Ltd terms and conditions.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst taking part in canoeing and in eyesight of them at ALL TIMES on a stand up paddle boarding or whilst kayaking.
- Remember if you are on the lake the water on Ullswater is deep and cold, even in the height of summer.
- You must listen carefully to any advice/ instruction by the Alfresco Adventures Ltd staff and remain in the operating area of the lake set out by the Alfresco Adventures staff on the day.
- Minimum age for single kayak hire is 12 year old.
- Minimum age for single stand up paddle board is 10 years old.
- No children under 5 years of age in canoes 3-5 paddle boards, 6-10 paddle boards and tandem kayaks. Please also be aware that, regardless of age, if children are too small to be adequately protected by our child buoyancy aids, they will not be allowed to participate. The final decision is made by Alfresco Adventures Ltd.
- All monies are to be paid in advance of day of hire or if booked on the day of hire 2 hours before the hire period. Payment is too made via our website, BACS, cheque or credit/ debit card.
- Bookings cancelled by Alfresco Adventures poor weather given a alternative date if possible or offered a voucher valid for 24 months.
- Pregnant persons may not take part.
- When transporting canoes, stand up paddle boards or kayaks to the water edge or portaging between locks you must carry them, not drag them.
- All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the river or lake.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Car Park fees (if applicable) are not paid by Alfresco Adventures Ltd
- Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed on our water sport equipment.
- The person that booked the trip (the “designated responsible adult”) must agree to these terms & conditions and must ensure that all of the party are aware of them.
- All customers will have to fill in our personal information form, which you will get once booked.
- Be considerate to all other lake/river users i.e.; fellow canoeists, powered boats, paddle boarders and kayakers.
- Only land at designated landing areas.
- Dogs are welcome in our canoes although buoyancy aids will not be provided, but not on kayaks or paddle boards.
- Take care of all equipment. Any loss or breakage to Alfresco Adventures Ltd equipment will have to be paid for, unless by fair wear and tear. We only charge at cost prices for damage.
- Any loss or breakage to a third party will have to be paid for by the customer, not Alfresco Adventures Ltd.
- No Fishing allowed unless with the appropriate licence.
- Late return policy – £20 per hour, per canoe will be charged for late return of canoes & equipment.
- DISCLAIMER. Alfresco Adventures Ltd will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
- Alfresco Adventures Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that if any dry bags supplied by us are not guaranteed to be water proof. Therefore, you should not rely on the dry bags that we supply to keep your property dry, and you accept that you are taking your personal property on to the river/lake at your own risk.
Rock Climbing, abseiling, hill walking and mountaineering
The BMC Participation Statement say that: The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.
COVID-19 Peace Of Mind Policy (Is NO LONGER in place 01/11/2021)
We have made some temporary amendments to our ‘Cancellation T&C’s’ and believe in keeping it simple for your peace of mind! We are all in this pandemic together and we want you to feel you confident in booking your outdoor experience with us!
Keeping it simple:
• In the event of a national lockdown or local restrictions in your area of residency, which result in your booking not been able to go ahead. We will issue you a full refund or give you the option to reschedule your booking for an alternative date; the choice is yours.
• In the event that we (Alfresco Adventures Ltd) have to cancel your booking due to covid-19 restrictions (national or local) you will receive a full refund for your booking via the payment method you booked with.
• If you or a member of your group tests positive for covid-19 and has to self-isolate at the time of your booking we will issue a full refund for that person only (minimum numbers still apply). We will also require a screen shot from your ‘Track & Trace App’ or an email of your test results that you have been advised to self-isolate.
All other terms and conditions still apply!