Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In case of a cancellation or amendment of bookings the following rules apply:
CANCELLATION including reduction in numbers
- More than 60 days before course starts, loss of 20% deposit (90 days if residential).
- Between 60 and 28 days before course starts, loss of 50% of payment fee. (Between 90 and 60 days if residential).
- Less than 28 days before course starts, loss of full payment (60 days if residential)
For any cancellation, of a person within the party, required due to medical reasons, we will create a voucher for the value paid in British pounds for the activity, unless it is under the minimum required numbers. This will be valid for 12 months and will need to be supported by a doctor’s note.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel or alter any activity or event due to circumstances beyond our control such as the weather. In the event of cancellation, an alternative date will be arranged. This is very rare but it can happen!
- For any amendment between 60 and 28 days a 20% loss of the value will apply.
- For any amendment between 28 and 14 days will result in a 50% loss of the value.
- For any amendment within 14 days of the activity date the full payment will be lost.
N.B. the term ‘course’ shall be taken to mean any session, experience or event arranged by Alfresco Adventures Ltd.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd takes every reasonable precaution to ensure your safety on all our activities. Participants must however acknowledge that they are engaging in activities with inherent risk. Our staff reserve the right to remove participants from activities where their behaviour is unacceptable and causing a risk to themselves and or others.
On any water based activities clients must be confident to swim 25 metres.
If any member of your group is likely to require oversized or very small equipment or has any special requirements, please give us a call prior to your activity taking place.
Correct clothing and footwear must be worn as per the kit list.
Instructors reserve the right to remove participants from the group if they do not have the correct kit. This is for your safety and comfort. We send out kit lists with the booking confirmation.
Any medical conditions or disabilities must be stated on your Personal Information Form which will be provided to you. Please consult your doctor if you are unsure about any aspect of your fitness. Please inform us of any medication being taken and notify us if anybody needs to take prescribed drugs whilst under our supervision. We will not prevent anyone from taking part in an activity unless they are endangering themselves, others or their behaviour is inappropriate.
Children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by an adult at the activity site, while taking part in activities.
Any vouchers purchased directly from us or from one of our partners are non refundable once purchased and are valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Occasionally we take photographs of activities for our promotional material. Please advise your instructor if you prefer not to be in any photos.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd has public and products liability insurance of £5 million, as well as employer’s liability of £5 million.
Alfresco Adventures Ltd do not accept responsibility for personal belongings or additional costs incurred due to sickness, weather, strikes or any other causes. Personal accident insurance is not included.
Please read terms and conditions; on hiring our canoes you are agreeing that you had read and understood Alfresco Adventures Ltd terms and conditions.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in their canoe.
- No children under 5 years of age. Please also be aware that, regardless of age, if children are too small to be adequately protected by our child buoyancy aids, they will not be allowed to participate. The final decision is made by Alfresco Adventures Ltd.
- All monies are to be paid in advance of day of hire or if booked on the day of hire 2 hours before the hire period. Payment is to mad via BACS, cheque or credit/ debit card.
- A full refund will be given to any bookings cancelled 14 days before the hire date.
- Single person bookings are not advised. However, please call to discuss if you feel you have appropriate experience.
- Pregnant persons may not take part.
- When transporting canoes to the water edge or portaging between locks you must carry the canoes, not drag them.
- All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the river or lake.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Lake fees are not paid by Alfresco Adventures Ltd
- Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed on our canoes.
- The person that booked the trip (the “designated responsible adult”) must agree to these terms & conditions and must ensure that all of the party are aware of them.
- The designated responsible adult must show Photo-ID, in the form of either a passport or driving license before or on the day of hire.
- The designated responsible adult must provide a credit card which we will take a copy of to cover any damage or loss of Alfresco Adventures Ltd equipment.
- All customers aged 18 or over will have to sign our hire agreement upon arrival, or they will not be allowed in our canoes.
- We recommend at least one person in your group having a BCU 2-star award (minimum), however if you have canoeing experience and no awards please phone us.
- Be considerate to all other lake/river users i.e.; fellow canoeists, powered boats and fisherman.
- Only land at designated landing areas.
- Dogs are welcome in our canoes although buoyancy aids will not be provided.
- Take care of all equipment. Any loss or breakage to Alfresco Adventures Ltd equipment will have to be paid for, unless by fair wear and tear.
- Any loss or breakage to a third party will have to be paid for.
- No Fishing allowed unless with the appropriate licence.
- Late return policy – £20 per hour, per canoe will be charged for late return of canoes & equipment.
- DISCLAIMER. Alfresco Adventures Ltd will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
- Alfresco Adventures Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any dry bags supplied by us are not guaranteed to be water proof. Therefore, you should not rely on the dry bags that we supply to keep your property dry, and you accept that you are taking your personal property on to the river at your own risk.