Kayak Experience (Private Booking)//---------------------BREADCRUMBS------------------------// ?>
£56.00 3 hours
*Please Note: Minimum/Maximum number of participants may apply to some activities. For short notice availability or if you are unable to select the numbers of places for this event that you require, please call us or get in touch via our Contact page to discuss other alternatives.
Our private kayaking experiences are crafted for families and groups seeking a personalised adventure. We tailor the session to the specific needs of your family or group, ensuring a more intimate and customised experience. Please note that we require a minimum booking of four people to facilitate a private kayaking experience.
Upon arrival and being fully equipped for kayaking, our friendly staff will present a rough itinerary for the session, offering an overview of what to expect. Before hitting the water, they will provide land-based instruction, covering the basics to instill confidence and readiness.
Throughout the session, we guide you on a journey, providing ample opportunities to practice kayak maneuvering. Towards the end, optional challenges and team games are introduced, operating on a “challenge by choice” basis to accommodate individual preferences.
To capture the moments and enhance the overall experience, our team will take photos throughout the kayaking adventure. These photos will be shared with you at the end of the session, creating lasting memories of the enjoyable kayak journey.
We conduct our kayaking sessions at diverse and picturesque locations across North Yorkshire and Cumbria, providing a range of scenic options for your adventure. These locations include:
- Ellerton Lake near Richmond, North Yorkshire
- River Ure at Boroughbridge
- Semerwater, near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales
- Ullswater, near Pooley Bridge and Glenridding in the Lake District
- Windermere, near Ambleside in the Lake District
- Derwent Water, near Keswick in the Lake District
Each location offers a unique and captivating setting, allowing you to choose the backdrop that best suits your preferences for an unforgettable kayaking experience.
What to Bring:
- Footwear: Trainers or wetsuit boots (No wellingtons)
- Base Layer top/T-shirt
- Fleece: Mid-weight fleece
- Trousers or Shorts: No jeans
- Spare Clothing: Be prepared in case you get wet
- Drink: At least 1 litre (No alcohol)
- Personal Medication: Any prescription medicines you need, such as an inhaler
- Sunglasses: The water’s reflection can be harsh on the eyes
- Sunscreen: We highly recommend a minimum factor of 30
We provide all other safety equipment, including a cagoule, waterproof phone/key case, and a dry bag (waterproof bag) to carry your spare clothes and other personal belongings.