Ripon to Boroughbridge Canoe Trip (Private Booking)//---------------------BREADCRUMBS------------------------// ?>
£74.00 6 hours
*Please Note: Minimum/Maximum number of participants may apply to some activities. For short notice availability or if you are unable to select the numbers of places for this event that you require, please call us or get in touch via our Contact page to discuss other alternatives.
Our canoe experience in Canadian canoes from Ripon to Boroughbridge follows the picturesque River Ure in Yorkshire. The trip is 11km (7 miles) in length and is approximately a 5 hour round trip. This adventure starts at our office in Boroughbridge where you will meet one of our qualified canoe guides, you will be transported by minibus or taxi to Ripon where you will be given a safety brief before getting into the canoes– now the adventure really begins!
Leaving Ripon we start the route in the canal which is the most northern point on English canal network and perfect place for you get to grips with your canoe. After a few kilometres in to the journey we leave the canal and join the River Ure. We then paddle down the river passing Newby Hall before stopping at West Wick Lock for a picnic style lunch (Not provided by Alfresco Adventures). After our bellies are full and energy levels are restored we continue to paddle down stream to Boroughbridge, this section of the river is were tend to see most of the wildlife on the trip. Arriving back at Boroughbridge we can share any photos with you that we have taken and if needed we have changing rooms and showers for you to use.
Our kit is first class, the Silverbirch Broadland canoes are perfect for this type of adventure as they are spacious with plenty of storage space for refreshments and additional clothing etc. You will be kitted out with:
- A cag (a protective layer helping to keep you dry, trap heat and reduce wind chill)
- A paddle
- A buoyancy aid
- A waterproof bag to keep keys or valuable items safe
What Equipment do I need to bring?
• Footwear Trainers or wetsuit boots (NO wellingtons)
• Base Layer top/ T-shirt
• Fleece Mid-weight fleece
• Trousers or Shorts. NO jeans
• Spare clothing BE PREPARED in case you get wet.
• Drink. At least 1 litre (NO alcohol)
• Personal Medication. Any prescription medicines you need such as inhaler
• Sun hat or warm hat depending on the time of year or predicted forecast for Boroughbridge
• Sun Glasses. The reflection from the water can be very bad on the eyes
• Sun Screen. We highly recommend factor 30 minimum
Throughout the river trip our qualified guide will be on hand to teach you the basic techniques involved in canoeing such as paddling, steering and staying in control. This trip is a great day out for families, friends, stag and hen parties and team development days. It is suitable for all abilities from the age of 7 upwards.